I am in the midst of a divorce proceeding, and I have two children. The house where we live is a joint property with my husband.

Am I entitled to continue living there until our kids are of age, or my husband could ask for the sale of the property?

When the judge awards the house to one of the partners, it is for a limited time established in the judgment, normally until the children are of age or finish their studies. After that, if there is no agreement about the property, any of the owners can ask for it to be auctioned, and divide up the proceeds.

Contact the firm

Contact us. Get high level advice and professional legal assistance for your case.